Thursday, December 4, 2014

Final Post on TVQG 2014 Show

This is a belated post to finish up the photographs I was sharing from the Trinity Valley Quilters Guild show for 2014.  There was a trend I noticed at the show, a larger number of New York Beauty or spiky type quilts.  There has always been a few of the past years but not this many that I recall.

DSCN2216

DSCN2218
 

DSCN2179

DSCN2180
 
DSCN2181



DSCN2189

DSCN2190
 
DSCN2213

  


DSCN2215

DSCN2214
Isn't this quilting FABULOUS!
I’m sure I didn’t get pictures of all of the nice spiky quilts and I apologize for the blurry info card photos.  I was usually too close or too far or the air conditioning blew the cards but I hope you can at least who read who made these jewels.

The following quilt was not in the competition this year but it was by far my favorite.  It was used in place of another quilt that ended up not making it to the show.  I don’t know who made it so if any of my readers know, let me know and I will give credit where credit is due.  Of course the photos don’t do it justice.  The colors and design were breathtaking.

DSCN2185

DSCN2186

DSCN2187

That’s all I have for this year’s TVQG show.  Next year promises to be another fabulous display of artistry!

Hope you had a joyous Thanksgiving.  Sweetie and I gathered with his family at his sister Ruth’s home.  LOTS of good food and company!  Thanks for hosting Ruthie.

a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!