Wednesday, August 14, 2013

ANTIQUE MALL QUILTS

Once again, I have been remiss in posting on my blog for a while.  I haven’t been doing anything much which means I didn’t have much to say.  However, I looked through the pictures I took since my New Mexico vacation and I found some I haven’t shared with you, so here it goes.

All these photos were taken at the Montgomery Street Antique Mall in Fort Worth, Texas about 2 or 3 months ago. The first quilt was quite unusual.  I believe it is from the 1920s or 30s because it features embroidered and colored faces of numerous cartoon characters of that era.

DSCN1405   DSCN1406DSCN1401DSCN1402DSCN1403DSCN1404
It was a huge quilt and there was very little space to spread it out in order to photograph it so this is the best I could do.

DSCN1398
Miscellaneous vintage quilts
DSCN1399
String Pieced Tulips
DSCN1400
Can't recall the name of this block.
Nice red, white and cream combination.
Wonder if the cream fabric used to be
green but lost it's color due to the
dying process.

DSCN1408
Darling Feedsack Quilt with
Roosters and Horses on border.

This one was a cool quilt made from tobacco premium felts.  If you wish to learn more about tobacco felts, click HERE.

DSCN1409

DSCN1411DSCN1410


All in all, it was a great day for quilts at the antique mall.

Until the next time, may your bobbin always be full.


a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

3 comments:

  1. Great show of quilts, Donna. The first one is truely unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the quilt with the faces intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the tobacco felts and the face quilt, very different. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!