Monday, December 10, 2012

THE WEEKEND STUFF

janome 4800 machine only

My Janome 4800 Quilters’ Companion sewing machine badly needed a cleaning after making the twin size flannel quilt I talked about here.  Little flannel “fuzz” and dust were inside my machine everywhere.  I took the throat plate off and thoroughly cleaned the area under the plate including the bobbin area and feed dogs using a chenille pipe cleaner and a microfiber cloth.  Even used a wet washcloth to wipe down the outer surface.

Ms. Quilting Bear and Ms. Janie Janome are both so happy now!

Quilting Bear

After getting five blocks behind.  I’m back on the Grandmother’s Choice blocks published weekly by Barbara Brackman on her blog. I completed #10 New York using William Morris fabric and a 4” paper-pieced 8-pointed star in one section.

10 new york blk
Also did a bit of Christmas shopping via Amazon.com and put up my Christmas tree.  When I set up all of my Santa collection, I’ll take pictures and share with you.
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very productive weekend, Donna! Your BB blocks looks great. My sewing machine could use a good cleaning, too! I've been sewing with wool, so you can imagine how fuzzy it must be in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 4800 as well, and what a great workhorse it is! I have it out with a few others and they all have their special jobs!!! I recently got my serviced after such a long time, they really appreciate the attention LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!