Friday, November 2, 2012

QUILT FESTIVAL 2012

Unfortunately, I am not able to attend the Quilt Festival in Houston this week.  However, I’ve been reading a lot of blog posts about Quilt Market with loads of photos.  Market is for quilt shops, dealers, etc. to see what is available and to order things for their shops.

'12_houston_fest_c

Festival is for quilters from all over the world compete to prizes and the general public is allowed to look at the quilts plus shop in the merchant mall.  It is the World Series of quilt events!  So hello to all my friends and quilt acquaintances who are attending.  Wish I was there. [ Note to self:  Think of all the money you are saving by not shopping at the Cherrywood Fabrics booth, or the Red Crinoline Quilts (formerly known as Bonnie Blue Quilts, and any other tempting vendors in the huge shopping area.  Lead me not into temptation . . . ]

If you were lucky enough to go to the big show, tell me what you bought, what you saw that amused you, or your favorite memory of the Festival by leaving a comment below.  That way I can see the show vicariously through your experiences.

I hope Super Storm Sandy does not interfere with the plans of too many people headed to the show. 


Sew until next time, keep sewing your heart out.
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!