Friday, July 20, 2012

JT2 AIRPLANES WITH A TWIST


aeroplane

Block 44, Airplane block is completed.  The instructions call for two of these babies but I hate to do two identical blocks for this crazy JT2 sampler-style quilt. While I thought about it, I found some lyrics from Barney’s [the famous purple dinosaur] Airplane Song:

Oh, we are flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Watching the clouds go by.

I decided to make a paper-pieced airplane block using a pattern found on my EQ5 program.  It look likes this.  Isn't it cute?  A nice on-point orientation.

airplane no. 2 eq

I’m wishing I was on the airplane to Albuquerque, New Mexico then renting a car to drive to Taos, NM.  I’m suffering from the over due need to visit Taos  symptoms – sluggish, cranky, distracted, whiny (it's hot!).  Oh how I wish relief was on the way soon.  But it’s not!  So I'll just dream about it.  Beautiful mountains and trees, art of all kinds everywhere, color temperatures, yummy New Mexican food (red or green chili ma'm?), Native American culture, history and so much more.

Greetings Taos New Mexico Large Letter

I’m also making a change on Block #55 “Rose Dream” of the JT2 quilt by doing a simpler version of this block using the “Flower Petals” block from my EQ5.  I’ll keep you posted.

In the meantime, may all your bobbins be full.
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Donna! I've been working on my JT2 planes today. I just need to appliqué the propellers on. Both of your blocks look fabulous - great idea to find an on-point version of the same block. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!