Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BOOKS--ONE OF MY OTHER WEAKNESSES

Today Half Price Books had a sale with a 40% off coupon.  Of course I had to check this out.  So glad I did.  Here’s what I bought:

books_0001books_0002

Isn’t the cover quilt gorgeous with it’s orange, red and green coloration.  The second picture is of the back cover.  This book is chock full of other fabulous quilts so I’m looking forward to sitting down and reading this one.  If you would like to see some of the quilts and other content inside this book you can click HERE for an Amazon “Look Inside” option.

Next, I got this one for less than a dollar.  Miss Rosie’s quilts by Carrie L. Nelson usually strike my fancy so this was a good buy.

books_0003

There are six projects in this one.

The third book I purchased is a novel about baseball in the 1970s written by John Grisham.  It has been on the top ten best seller list recently. 
calico joe

This next book I checked out of the public library – Chronicles of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez – is a story about a 40 year old murder by the angry brothers of a beautiful bride who turned out not to be “pure” on her wedding night.  She named a man who supposedly despoiled her and the family honor. 

Many people of the town had heard the brothers make threats but for various reasons none of the townspeople bothered to warn the named culprit of what was about to happen.  This was an interesting look at human psychology from several points of view.  I really enjoyed reading this book.

books_0004

Guess that’s all for now. 
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

1 comment:

  1. Great books, I was at Half Price Books on Saturday--------no sale. have to get back there. Would love to read Calico Joe.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!