Friday, April 20, 2012

CAROL DOAK’S LITTLE PAPER PIECED BLOCKS BOOK REVIEW


50 little paperpieced blocks

Carol Doak is known throughout the quilting world as the go-to person for foundation paper piecing. Her book of 50 – 3” paper pieced blocks includes among my favorites a birdhouse, a mail box with the red flag up, one that spells out “LOVE”, and a house block. There are also all kinds of stars, trees, and flowers featured. Each is placed in order of when they might be used seasonally but many of the designs are generic.

She suggests that these blocks can be made as keepsake cards, coasters, table runners, small wallhanging quilts, pillows, tote bags, and embellished garments among many other things.
There is a thorough introduction to foundation paper piecing supplies and techniques that is beneficial to a beginner as well as a refresher for the non-novice.

These projects look so much easier than the Just Takes Two paper-piecing projects I’ve been working on and would be a wonderful respite from the serious big blocks I’m making for some cute, fanciful fun little blocks.

Sew long until next time,
4DEA7756AA76A8C2ED1DD6FECE3A970C

1 comment:

  1. I agree this book has a wonderful little collection of lovely blocks. I have been a fan of Carol's FPP technique and patterns for a long time and I also have this little book!!! It's also great for a beginner!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!