Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CATCHING UP

I, like many others I'm sure, have fallen in love with the PBS series, Downton Abbey.  I missed Sunday night's episode so I watched it on the internet.  I wonder if Lady Mary and Matthew will get together after all?  I also missed The Good Wife so I spent Monday catching up on my shows.  The internet is such a fabulous thing, isn't it?

If you have an interest in reproduction fabrics, may I recommend a new blog called Material-Witness.  The most recent entry is about pillar prints with a bit of history and numerous photos of reproductions.  It just so happens that I have one pillar print in my collection.

Sorry that I took it with the pillar going sideways.  My computer
 is on the "fritz" and I couldn't turn it up vertically.


I bought this print back in probably 2005 while working at a local quilt shop.  I had admired it for several months before I broke down and bought any.  I'm so glad I did, because I still love it.  It's from Moda, a Barbara Brackman and Terri Thompson fabric based on the Spencer Museum of Art Collection, 1810-1840 Pillar Print.

My 12 Days of Christmas quilt is quilted and ready for binding.  You can see the border edge of it under the second picture above.  I plan to work on it tonight and have a photo to post sometime tomorrow or Friday.

Time to keep on stitching -                                    Donna



2 comments:

  1. I have that pillar print too. Nice to see the Material Witness mention.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently visited Material Witness and really enjoyed the post you talked about!! Alas!! I have no pillar prints at all, but am on the lookout!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!