Friday, December 2, 2011

I GOT MAIL!

Today the postman delivered a squishy envelope from Cherrywood Fabrics containing the fabulous suede-like hand dyed fabric I ordered on their “Cyber Monday” promotion with free shipping.


Cherrywood melon & kiwi


This is my version of a coral, kiwi and berry collection.  Isn’t it gorgeous.  The fabric on the far left side looks grey but it is actually a sand color.  I bought extra yardage of that color because I always need lights.  These are not my usual 19th century reproduction fabrics but the colors just speak to me.


Last year at the Houston Quilt Festival, I bought Cherrywood fabrics in shades of cream, rust, dark orange, gold, green and some sort of brownish purple color for a workshop with Deb Karasik called “Look Ma, No Curves.”  This is the only section I got finished, and it will likely turn into a pillow or something.  I love the look, but can’t see myself making the whole quilt.  You’ll see what I mean when you look at the quilt photo on her website.


IMG_3166
Anyway, I have more of these colors, some of which will look good with the new ones that arrived today. 


The last few days I have been keeping several balls up in the air trying to juggle several projects.  I’m working on my a genealogy project focusing on my mother’s side of the family – Buswell and Lomax lineages.  I get to researching on Ancestry.com for historical records and one thing leads to another - then another – then another, and before I know it, I’ve been sitting at the computer for a couple or three hours following the rabbit trails.
When taking breaks from the genealogy research, I’ve taken turns working on my “The Quilt Show” Friendship Triangles project, sewing my sections together.  When I get tired of that, I’m working on my Civil War quilt block of the week.  Right now, I debated on which fabric to use as the center focus piece, either this
Audition
or this.

48 West Virginia


Although I love stars, I decided I liked the floral best so that’s what I went with.  I think it will look great on point.


Oh, and another thing I’m working on while watching television is hand quilting that poinsettia wreath quilt that is moving slowly but surely.  I was working on it during the Texas Rangers baseball playoffs and World Series this year but some of the games got so intense, I ended up having to put the project down. 


As you can see, I’m not letting myself get too bored with any one thing for too long.  Variety is the spice of life.
a Signature

1 comment:

  1. Donna, the fabrics are very pretty. I also like your block. You are right the quilt is not you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!