Wednesday, August 3, 2011

SPOOLS AND TRIANGLES

This is block #31 from the Civil War Quilt, Empty Spools.

31 Empty Spool

However, I chose to use a different pattern for the spool from EQ5 so that I could add a third color in the mix, plus this pattern was easier to do than the one from Barbara Brackman’s blog.  My spool is ALMOST empty.  There is still more work to be done by the Civil War ladies to make quilts, shirts, and other necessities for the soldiers!

Haven’t worked on much else.  I’m going through a bout of headaches that just interferes with my sewing time and life in general!  I have decided what I am going to do with my half-square triangles from the friendship exchange.  Here’s just a small layout, not complete, but enough to get the idea.

HST LAYOUT

Until next time, keep cool – (my computer says it is 109 degrees today –OMG!)
a Signature

4 comments:

  1. Pretty block and planned quilt. Hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks good Donna, I'm still deciding on an alternative design for mine, as the one on Barbara's site I wasn't happy with!!
    Your HST project is looking wonderful and scrappy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spool block looks GREAT!
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun HST's - I've got a bunch I'm trimming...
    Keep cool and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!