Monday, January 3, 2011

Barbara Brackman’s New Civil War Quilt Blocks

 
Barbara Brackman, a talented quilt historian, fabric designer, and author, has a new blog for 2011 in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War. During the year, she will post weekly block patterns and civil war history for a total of 52 blocks with instructions.  To see her Civil War blog, click here.
Although I do not need anything new to work on, I just couldn’t resist this project.  I made the first block, Catch Me If You Can.”  I’ve decided to go with a red, white and blue theme using my 19th century reproduction fabrics.
1 Catch Me If You Can
Anyone want to join in this block of the week project?  I think it will be fun, and I can surely make one little 8” block per month  week - maybe???  We'll see.  Anyway, I think it would be a great way to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of one of the most tragic eras in American history.
If you are interested in fabric and quilt history, you may also want to see Brackman’s other blog here.
Signature

2 comments:

  1. Nice block, Its going to be a fun project- I am looking forward to all the post's that go with it. As a Brit it will be a huge learning curve. I am loving seeing all the different fabric choice's that bloggers are using.
    Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,,, it is one block a week.... not month...but you can do it....and by deciding on the "colors" you have made the process much easier to just do....

    I pulled my three fabs for the first block.... but did not sew... so your sewn block is GREAT...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!