Wednesday, January 5, 2011

YESTERDAY’S AND TODAY’S PROJECTS

 

My mother needs a cell phone pouch since she no longer has a “land line” after switching everything over to her cell.  However, if she doesn’t have pockets in her clothing, she has nowhere to carry her cell phone.  VOILA!  I made her a cell phone pouch out of some of the fabric I used on her sweatshirt jacket.

Cell phone case cutting mat

It has a fold-over flap with Velcro to keep the phone securely in place until she needs it, without fear of bending over and it falling out.  Then she really would lose it!

Also, for the last couple of days, I’ve been ironing the triangles on the corners of about 400 4-1/4” snowball blocks.  Jo’s Prairie Stitchers Yahoo Group did this snowball exchange way back in 2007.  Yet another UFO, that is until now.  I plan to get them stitched together by February 1st.

Snowballs example

Once the blocks were all pressed, I divided them into two boxes.

 

Snowballs in2 boxes

The light centers in one and the dark centers in the other.  All ready to layout and stitch.

And, last but not least,

I got my Poinsettia Wreath quilt pin basted today.

pin basted corner

Woo Hoo!  I’m cooking with gas!  Hope I can keep this up!  It feels good to accomplish some things.  Good start to a new year.

Signature

2 comments:

  1. You are right--you are really "cooking" there--in fact I think we all are--and I hope none of run out of steam!!
    Love your projects==all are looking good!
    Hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Poinsetta quilt! Is it an original pattern of yours? Is is something you can share? I so need some Christmas quilts in my house.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!