Saturday, October 16, 2010

WITH A SAD HEART ---- PLUS APPLIQUE PREP

My apologies to my readers who aren’t interested in baseball.  Until the playoffs are finished, you will want to scroll through my postings down to the sewing, cat, or whatever parts you like.

In the meantime . . . . .

image

 

Well, our Ranger boys flubbed it tonight.  They were coasting along, 5-0 when the eighth inning fell all to pieces and the Yankees caught up, then surpassed, our score.  Say it isn’t so, Joe.

In the 4th inning, our pitcher, CJ Wilson has an 0-3 lead.  Smooth sailing.

CJ 4th inning

In the 4th inning when Josh Hamilton came up to bat, it was 0-5.  Life was good.

Josh close 

Then in the 8th inning, kablooey!   All h*ll broke loose.  What can we say except it’s only Game One.  We must not give up yet. 

Before the wheels fell off of the Ranger’s Express train, I was able to work on tracing and cutting out the fusible web for the appliqué pieces needed on the Poinsettia Wreath wall hanging I’m working on.   Flower centers and leaves are done.  Poinsettia flower petals next round.

Poinsettia Aplq prep work

I also managed to get the gold pieced blocks finished and added to the design board late last night/early this morning.

IMG_2910

It’s only crooked on the board, not because of my sewing.  I promise.

In the spirit of the season, I’m adding a carved pumpkin at the end of this post, with more coming in the future.

pumpkin_flag

You can get stencils for the featured pumpkins at TexasRangers.com. 

Signature

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!