Monday, October 18, 2010

LAZY CAT AND GETTING READY FOR NEXT APPLIQUE STEP

Ranger, the cat not the baseball team, helps me while I surf the web by laying in the basket that holds my unpaid bills.  How could I do it without him?

IMG_2929

As you can see, he pretty much overwhelms the basket and pushes bills out of it when he wallows and stretches.  Too bad he doesn’t make money “helping”.  We could always use more income to pay the bills!

All the Poinsettia petals were traced and cut out for the the Wreath wallhanging during Game 2 of the Rangers vs. Yankees battle – which the Rangers won decisively 2-7!  

 

Fusible shapes 

Now that fusible web step 1 is done, the pieces must be ironed onto the fabric so that I can have something to cut out during tonight’s Game 3.

ironing circles

This is my first experience with Heat ‘n Bond Lite.  I’ve always used Steam-a-Seam 2 Lite but Hobby Lobby was sold out and my local quilt shop only carries this Heat ‘n Bond Lite (HNBL).  So far so good.  The HNBL has no loose paper or separation from the web prior to ironing and I like that.  We will see how well it adheres to the blocks after peeling off the backing and I’m stitching them with the machine.

I’ve got more fusible web ironing to do so off I go.  Before I do, here is the next pumpkin design that can be downloaded from the Texas Rangers’ website.  Let’s go Rangers!

pumpkin_logo

 Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!