Friday, October 15, 2010

Quilt Displays and Poinsettia Wreath Status

My new “Pumpkins for Sale” is proudly hanging on the wall in a corner near the antique mantle clock previously owned by my Sweetie’s grandmother.  The clock rests on a small quilt made from a nine-patch block exchange with the local Jo’s Little Women Club group.

Pumpkins further back

Grandma K’s clock is in excellent working order after investing several hundred dollars to restore the case and get the works fixed, but it’s worth it.

Standing further back in the dining room, you can see one full wall plus the corner wall displaying several of my quilts in addition to a vintage Crosley radio (it still works too) and china cabinet full of depression glass.  I guess you can tell I like old stuff.

China Cabinet Wall

Those nine-patch blocks came from the same Jo’s exchange.  The addition of cheddar sashing and black and brown border fabric created a perfect Fall wall hanging.  You might recognize the little red quilt draped on the quilt rack from the picture in the lower right-hand corner of my blog header.  It’s a Jo’s Little Women’s Club project from the early days that I dearly love.

9 patch w dollMy Aunt made the cute doll for a Christmas gift many years ago.  She sits either here or in one of my chairs in the den.  Her name is Gracie.  Don’t know why – just is!

My black witch-hat bear and pumpkin kitty, both made by Boyd’s Bears, sit atop a little box that holds several of my folded doll quilts.  These quilts get rotated for display on the wall pictured above according to the season or my mood.

IMG_2907

On the Poinsettia Wreath project, my design board shows the completed five light-colored pieced blocks laid out.  Hopefully tomorrow I will stitch the four gold-colored pieced blocks.

design board 5 blocks

The gold block pieces are cut and ready to go to the sewing machine.  Even with those blocks completed, I will have quite a ways to go to get to this,

Poinsettia-Wreaths-Styled-Large

but it’s in the works.

One final word today.  Texas Rangers play the Yankees tonight in Game 1 for  the American League division title.  Come on Rangers!

TX flag

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!