Saturday, October 30, 2010

FIRST POINSETTIA BLOCK FINISHED

IMG_2975

The first appliqued Poinsettia Wreath block, pictured above hung on the wood mantle piece, is finished.  You can also see the McCoy Rustic pottery displayed on the mantle, just a small part of my collection.  There is one flower petal that somehow got pressed down a little too far out from under the gold center.  I think the large flathead pins I used to hold the pieces in place while I ironed is the culprit.  Smaller pins are the order of the day for the next go-round.  Only eight more blocks to go, then stitching the pieced border.  It’s time to get cracking because Christmas time is close at hand!

The machine applique went well and I’m very pleased with the Heat and Bond Lite adhesive interfacing I used.  I like it much better than the Steam-a-Seam 2 I’ve used so many years.  The Heat and Bond Lite is easier to handle, the tracing is easier because the paper is steady, and the bond seems quite secure and supple.  If you haven’t already, you might give it a try.

And in case you haven’t heard, the Rangers won tonight!  Woo Hoo!!!!  Keep on winning boys.  We need three more victories to take the World Series

 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!