Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America

 

ladyliberty003

 

The July 4th parade and family wiener roast were yesterday, but tonight we celebrate with brisket, red beans, potato salad and all the fixins’ at my Mom’s house before the fireworks begin.  My beans have been cooking in the Crockpot all afternoon and the wonderful smell is really making me sooooo hungry.

My latest Civil War Diary block took me over two hours to complete.  Paper piecing is a b _ _ _ h on some of these blocks.  This one had about 35 pieces in one 6” block.

Sorrow                                      Sorrow Block, CWD Quilt

The title lives up to it’s name – Sorrow-  but when finished, it became my favorite so far.  I would have suffered worse sorrow if I tried to piece this one any other way.

Hope you all had a happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!