Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ranger on Crib Toile and Block Report

Ranger’s favorite place to sleep moves in cycles.  Sometimes it’s on our bed, sometimes atop a wicker box on our dining room bar, and other times on top of whatever quilt he can find.  He is currently in his sleeping on the back of the love seat on top of the Crib Toile quilt mode.

Snoozing

Leave me alone Mom.  I’m snoozing.

 

Swatting Pillow

Oh—I see something on that pillow I’ve never seen before.  Gotta swat it!

Here he found a sack of newspapers headed for the recycle bin and immediately plopped down in it.

20100629_0050

What can I say?  He’s versatile.

Color inspiration from flowers are all around.  For instance, this group of yellow and hot pink flowers surrounding a sandstone rock really caught my eye.

yellow pink flwr rock og Beautiful yellow and pink flowers and rock at Olive Garden

Bright colored quilts don’t come up in my sewing area (unless it’s a baby gift), but I love this color combination of the hot pink and bright yellow.  A copy of this photo will definitely end up in my inspirations notebook.

I haven’t sewn much this past week or so.  The summer doldrums are upon me, but these blocks were done:

20100628_0047                                Hand Pieced Hexagon Stars

Mercantile Goods                                 Civil War Diary – Mercantile Goods

While reviewing the photos in my CWD digital file, I noticed that lots of the blocks have blue fabric in them.  I want a larger variety of color so my next fabric pulling session will include other colors.  

You can imagine with two scrappy quilts going at one time, I have fabric strewn everywhere in my sewing room.  I need to stop and put things up more often than I do but I’m always so anxious to start sewing that I leave the leftovers lying on either my cutting board or the end of my ironing board.  When I have to move stuff in order to do anything but sew, like ironing anything larger than a fat quarter or cutting out larger blocks, it’s time to put it away.

This reminds me of a quote by Walt Disney. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”  Guess I’ll shut up and start doing Mr. Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!