Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jefferson Quilt Show 2010, La partie Deux

Getting good photographs at this show was difficult, especially on the second floor where the quilts were displayed down both sides of a long hallway too narrow to get back far enough to capture the whole quilt. We did the best we could with the space allowed and the other show attendants sometimes in the way. I was probably in their way some of the time, too.

More pictures from the Jefferson show (remember to click on the photos to see a larger view):

Days of Old Neat outer blocks

Days of Old Outer Blocks

Days of Old” by Myra Lewis of Avinger, TX; I loved the blocks along the outside edge that tied everything together so well.

Miss Breezy full

Miss Breezy Close

“Miss Breezy” by Judy Van Winkle of Sulfur Springs, TX. The embroidered border and flowers in the little girl’s hand set this quilt apart.

Red Work Again "Life With Emma & Oliver" by Betty J. Bowling of LA using redwork embroidery on pre-printed panels.

Red Work IroningClose Up of Little Emma Washing and Ironing

Notice the embroidery theme here. I love hand embroidery! There were even some embroidered kit quilts at the show, some appearing to be from the 60s and 70s.

A few more pictures tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!