Tuesday, July 2, 2013

VINTAGE AND ANTIQUE AMISH QUILTS IN SANTA FE

As promised, this blog entry covers the "Plain Geometry Amish Quilts" exhibit at the Museum of International Folk Art on Museum Hill in Santa Fe, New Mexico.   Let me first apologize for the less than clear photos taken at these vintage and antique Amish quilts.  I seem to always be apologizing for my photo quality, but I just can’t let you miss out on these beautiful quilts.  My Nikon camera pooped out after only five photos so I had to switch to my cell phone camera which is not as clear or true but you can still appreciate the beauty and grace of these quilts.

So without further ado, here is the Smilebox presentation:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox


I have a few more New Mexico vacation pictures, but since they are not "quilty" related, I will try to limit how much I bore you with them in the next blog.  In the meantime, may your bobbin always be full.
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

3 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the Amish quilts - Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quilts Donna!
    It's interesting to see that wool was used in many of these quilts. They are all beautiful.
    Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for sharing these treasures, I really enjoyed the slideshow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!