Wednesday, March 13, 2013

AN OUTING IN COWTOWN

The weather Saturday was almost perfect – it was quite windy--but everything else was just right for a visit to the Will Rogers complex in Fort Worth, Texas for an  antique show and to the National Cowgirl Museum to see the Maverick Quilts exhibit.

First stop was the Fort Worth Show of Antiques & Art (formerly known as the Dolly Johnson Antique Show).  There are always many quality dealers at this annual show and this year was no exception.  There were so many beautiful things but I particularly want to share with you some sewing related stuff we saw.  This was my favorite booth.  J Compton Gallery of Wimberley, Texas.  Folk art was the order of the day for this booth.

IMG_0002
left side shot angle 1
WOOL CRAZY QUILT, HOOKED RUG ON WALL
AND SPHERES ENCRUSTED WITH BUTTONS
quilt blocks doll quilts
QUILT BLOCKS, DOLL QUILTS, OH MY!
That double star quilt using blue, cheddar,
 red and green is on my to do list!
spool table art crazy wool q
SPINDLE TABLE, WALL ART, TRAMP ART CARVED CROSS
9 patch doll quilt
DARLING 9-PATCH DOLL QUILT
Then a few rows over we saw the biggest collection of spool cabinets I have ever seen at one place!  No, nothing went home with me although if I was flush with cash that circular one would have.  I've never seen one like it before.
spoolt cabinets and store displays
STORE DISPLAY CABINETS, SPOOL CABINETS
circular spool cabinet
COOL CIRCULAR THREAD DISPENSER 
spool cabinets more
SPOOL CABINET AND SPOOL DRAWER
spool cabinets with 6 drawers
CLOSER VIEW OF CABINET
spool cabinets
ROLL UP CABINET ON TOP AND
MULTI-LAYERED ONE WITH MIRROR ON BOTTOM 
From C&M Antiques of Chilton, Texas.  Antique store fixtures and cabinets galore.

There was another booth that had a collection of toy sewing machines but I wasn’t able to get a good picture of those, darn it!

There were quite a few quilts but here are a couple of quilts that really caught my eye.

green star       pink blue yellow q close

[I am not affiliated with any of these antique companies.  Just loved their merchandise and wanted to share with you.]

Next time I’ll post more about the Maverick Quilts Exhibit at the National Cowgirl Museum.  In the meantime, may your bobbin always stay full,
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

4 comments:

  1. What a great display of spool cabinets! I remember the one that was in a mercantile shop in my home town...I was always fascinated with the array of color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen spool cabinets like that before!! They are works of art in themselves!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such fun! I Love the spool cabinets! ~Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the orginal Abundance quilt I copied to do my quiltalong!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!