Wednesday, May 9, 2012

ENGLISH IVY–BLOCK 35 JT2

Block 35 – called English Ivy -- of Just Takes 2 project is done.

blk 35 english ivy

I believe all the points are going in the right direction and all the pieces are in correct order.  Just in case, I’m waiting several hours before I post this blog entry so I can look at it again with rested, clear vision. 

The next JT2 block I’ll work on will be a machine appliqued one just for a little change of pace.  The paper piecing is getting easier now that I’m doing it more often and get into a “groove.”

I’m noticing that the areas on my blocks where several seams intersect, I’m getting a whitish smudge when pressed.  I’m wondering if it is because my iron sole plate needs to be cleaned or if the Best Press sizing is building up there leaving a residue when I press the fabric.  Maybe I’m spraying it on too thick.  Any ideas?

4DEA7756AA76A8C2ED1DD6FECE3A970C

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty block Donna! I've always loved this block pattern and you've pieced your's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks terrific!
    Take a look at the sole plate and you'll be able to tell if it needs cleaning or not.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!