Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fabric, Binding, and Roses

Cherrywood hand dyed fabrics are a huge favorite of mine and I was fortunate enough to win a pack of 16 charm squares from their Minnesota line.  How did I win you ask?  Just by pinning photos from their web page to the Pin to Win Cherrywood folder in Pinterest.

Cherrywood Minnesota

If you haven’t looked at the Pinterest page and gone through some of the “boards” you don’t know what you are missing.  I have five boards where I pin photos of things that appeal to me – Quilting Bear Gal, Mama Used to Sew, Cherrywood Fabric, Antique Quilts I Love, and Quotes & Inspirations.  It’s lots of fun to look at all the pretty pictures on everyone else's Boards which unfortunately causes one to lose track of time easily.

Have you ever done this?  This is my first.  I started sewing the binding on my niece’s baby quilt and I stitched on the folded edge of the binding strip instead of the raw edge.  I didn’t get very far.  I discovered it when I start to turn the first corner.

Binding goof

It was late at night and I hadn’t felt too great all day so I just ripped it out then set it aside to work on it the next day.  When I flub up like that, it's time for a break.

You may be sick of photos of my beautiful pink, fragrant roses from the front flowerbed, but more buds opened up and it is just glorious right now.

DSCN0982

When I step out the front door to get my mail, it smells like I just walked into a perfume factory. 

Well it’s time for me to get back to my Ancestry.com research.  The highly anticipated 1940 federal census is being uploaded on their website.  I’ve already located the pages for my parents and both sets of grandparents.  Fortunately they lived in small towns and in rural areas near small towns so I didn’t have that many pages to scroll through.  The names for the 1940 census are not indexed yet so it’s just a matter of knowing where to look.

Bye for now,
4DEA7756AA76A8C2ED1DD6FECE3A970C

2 comments:

  1. Your rose bush is indeed a glorious sight to see, I enlarged the photo and I can certainly understand why you love it so much, it's definitely in its prettiest dress at the moment!!!
    Oh dear! I've never sewn a binding on that way, you must have been tired!, I hope you haven't jinxed me, what's the bet, now that I've seen this, somewhere down the line I do the same LOL!!! The hand dyed fabrics do have a lovely soft hue about them, delicious colours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Roses - mine are in their glory right now too.
    Yes, surte sign of a sewing break - when I make a goof! Great quilt.
    I'm kind of on the fence with Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!