Monday, March 12, 2012

A BRIEF UPDATE ON BRACKMAN CIVIL WAR QUILT

 

I’m happy to report that I FINALLY sewed all the borders onto my Brackman Civil War quilt and am pleased with the result.

CW W BORDERS

It measures 74” X 82”.  It’s so long I had to fold out the bottom border onto the floor so I could get a picture.  You can’t tell from the photo above, but the border fabric is from Marcus Brothers’ Civil War Chronicles line.  This is a close-up of it.

Civil War Chronicles blue

Next item on the list:  buy batting so I can pin-baste it for quilting.

That’s all for now.

4DEA7756AA76A8C2ED1DD6FECE3A970C

5 comments:

  1. It turned out so beautiful Donna, and you border fabric is perfect for your red and blue CW quilt. Are you going to machine quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very happy! I love the border fabric. I have mine ready to take to the quilter but can't seem to find the oomph to make the backing. I think yours looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Donna, lovely to see your finished top. It looks wonderful, that border fabric is perfect. Can't wait to see the finished quilt... mine is still waiting for decisions to be made. I am renowned for my indecision,LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Donna on getting your CW quilt to this stage, the border looks great and compliments your quilt beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a finished top! The Marcus Bros fabric for your borders is perfect with the colors in your blocks. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!