Tuesday, December 27, 2011

BLOCK 52, CHRISTMAS STAR

This week’s block of the week for the Brackman Civil War quilt is called Christmas Star.  However, I decided to go more toward the Christmas “wreath” look .

52 Christmas Wreath
I can’t tell you how many times I had the half square triangle units going the wrong direction.  There were several unsewing steps on this one.  Also, my photography skills are pretty awful.  The top corners of the HSTs are not cut off as they appear in this picture. 

I’m auditioning several different pieces of fabric from stash (aka “Resource Center”) as borders and may show pictures of the possibilities later this week.  If I need to buy MORE fabric, I’m set.  Sweetie bought me a gift certificate from the local quilt shop.  He knows me so well.

a Signature

1 comment:

  1. Love your block!!! I think once all your blocks are together you will have an awesome quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!