Thursday, July 28, 2011

WHAT DO BASEBALL AND HST’S HAVE IN COMMON

Tonight while watching the Texas Rangers vs. Minnesota Twins baseball game on television, I began clipping “ears” and tearing off triangle paper from a half-square triangle exchange done with other members of The Quilt Show .   The exchange was called Sisterhood of the Traveling Triangles  because half-square triangles were submitted from all over the world for exchange.  So far I’ve found lots from the United States, but also a few from Canada, England (U.K.), Germany and Australia.  The fabrics included batiks, florals, conversation prints, solids, prints, bright, dark, all different kinds.  There were no limitations put on them.

There are many more to trim and tear, which I will probably pick up again tomorrow during the baseball game.  One thing though, they are messy – I was covered all over in threads and paper giblets after a couple of hours.

Triangle paper work

As you can see from my photo, from left to right are (1) the half-square triangles to be clipped and to have paper removed; (2) the HSTs already clipped, paper removed and finger-pressed open; and (3) the trash can for all the little clipped off ear bits and torn HST paper trash.  The remote control is handy and the pillows for my back and arm are set up.  It’s working out to be a pretty good system.

I think I am going to make a version of the Cheddar Triangles Block quilt located on page 101 of Betsy and Carol’s book, History Repeated:  Block Exchange Quilts of the 19th Century Patchwork Divas OR a version of the Medallion Quilt from Edyta Sitar’s book, Friendship Triangles.  For some reason the pages in that book are not numbered.  Go figure.  Anyway, I dream of what I will do with the HSTs as I rip the paper off.  Such wonderful dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!