Tuesday, May 24, 2011

RED/WHITE CROSSROADS PROGRESS REPORT

Well, I made a few more Crossroad blocks then took another picture of the completed blocks up on my design board, making sure not to erase them again before I uploaded them on my computer.

Complete Blocks 12

You may notice the third block from the left on the top row with a different red fabric.  That was my test block.  I had planned to use that particular red fabric throughout, but once I figure yardage I discovered I didn’t have enough.  There was nothing else in my Fabric Resource Center (sometimes known as “stash”) that worked so I went to the quilt shop and tried to find comparable fabric but no luck.  I ended up buying enough of the red with white dots fabric for my complete project.  The white with red backgrounds are all out of my FRC (stash) and won’t have to be supplemented with another fabric shopping trip.  Darn it!  The background fabric makes the blocks more scrappy.

I have another 13 blocks to make it a 5 X 5 layout.   I’m glad I decided to go with the 6” finished blocks instead of the 4” ones.  The flying geese I’m making for the 6” blocks are small enough as it is.  They have to be trimmed to 2.5” X 1.5”.  My clumsy fingers don’t like itsy bitsy pieces.  It's more fun this way.

FG trim 1.5 by 2.5

Sorry for the blurry picture, but you see what I mean? 

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Nice quilt! I like mixing prints within the reds even - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your red & white blocks are beautiful!
    I really like your pattern choice for this quilt.
    It's going to look stunning when completed!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!