Thursday, April 21, 2011

RANGER BECOMES FAMOUS AND #16 THE WHITE HOUSE BLOCK

My favorite little buddy, Rowdy Ranger, can be seen on author Janet Evanovich’s web page under the Reader’s Pets section HERE.  Janet’s Stephanie Plum series of books are my favorite mystery/humor novels.  In fact, my cat is named after one of the recurring characters in the Plum series, a handsome, sexy bounty hunter named Ranger.  The next book in the series called SMOKIN’ SEVENTEEN is scheduled for release on June 21st.  I’ve already placed a pre-order through Amazon and am looking forward to a good laugh!

                                          


Last night I finished making Brackman’s Civil War 2011 block of the week #16 called “The White House.” 

16 White House

Using cutting instructions from American Homestead’s blog made the stripe assembly less difficult so I highly recommend her method.  The blues in this block are so dark, they almost look black, but they are indeed a dark navy blue.  The striped fabric with the little firecrackers and the gold one are both from Jo Morton's lines.  Glad I got this one made before #17 was published.  If I get behind, it may take forever to catch up.

And sew it goes,

Signature

2 comments:

  1. I adore your block! I've always loved the fabric you used.

    How sweet and fun about Ranger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block Donna! yes I dread something coming up to put me behind on these weekly blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!