Monday, September 13, 2010

This and That, Linens and Things

While in Fredericksburg, we visited several antique malls and found some darling vintage textile items.  First, this Oak Leaves and Acorn appliqué apron.  Not sure about the age but guessing 1960s.

 

Apron oak full

 

Here’s a closer look at the appliqué and embroidery.

apron oak close

 

This little pillow cover (approximately 15” square) made up of hour glass blocks using feed sack fabrics came home with me.

 

pillow cover vintage

One we saw (but could not purchase), a vintage quilt with an interesting block pattern.  I looked it up in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Block Patterns.

 

4 plus 9 patch q

The closest one I could find was Block No. 2096, The Hen and Her Chicks, KC Star 1947.  Here’s another shot.

 

4 plus 9 quilt 2

Too cute.

In closing, may I say that my favorite quote, “My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate” should be amended to read “My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with Fredericksburg Milk Chocolate Fudge With Pecans.”   This was the best chocolate fudge I have EVER eaten.  I wish I had more but my scale won’t allow it.

Until next time.

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Love that apron---I love old aprons---and lately have been feeling the "need" to make some new ones--yet the funny part is "I don't wear them--as I never bake any more!!!!!!"
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. the antique quilt is beautiful I have seen this quilt without the sashing and just love it
    on the list of quilts to make someday ;)
    LOL
    aren't they all?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!