Friday, September 10, 2010

END OF SUMMER TRIP, ROCKBOX

Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n Roll!

 

00382763

Who would have “thunk” one could find a fabulous rock and roll venue in little ole Fredericksburg, Texas? 

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and there is nothing like Rockbox Theater  in this neck of the woods.

 rockbox-theater front                                      Rockbox Theatre Exterior

Featuring  rock and roll music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, this professionally performed show even threw in comedy as well.  I laughed, I sang, I danced in my seat in a smoke-free environment.  Can’t do that in a smoke-filled bar. 

Click here for a YouTube video to give you a little taste of what they have to offer.

The Beatles, Roy Orbison, Elvis (of course), Janis Joplin, Tina Turner, Jimi Hendrix, a hilarious ZZ Top parody involving Texas Bar-B-Que, and Willie Nelson.  Even a Bluegrass version of Motown songs.  And that’s not all.   There were costumes and personas to go with each song or era.

It makes ya’ wanna jump!

00422721

It was the best two hours I’ve spent in a long time (that didn’t include quilts of course).  If you are ever in the Fredericksburg neighborhood, give it a try.

 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!