Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Mexico Trip, Part Two

The Georgia O’Keeffe studio/home in Abiquiu is located on a hilltop  53 miles north of Santa Fe.   Housed in a 5,000 square-foot building from Spanish Colonial times, it bears a modern, minimal tone reflecting  her lifestyle.

okeeffe living rm abiquiu2 Photo of living area  from the O’Keeffe Museum Webpage

The town’s adobe church also sits atop that hill.

Abq Church shadowsSt. Thomas Church in Abiquiu, NM

Abiqui Church Flowers Poppies and Roses behind St. Thomas Church in Abiquiu

Of course,  I can’t travel without visiting quilt shops.  In honor of Georgia O’Keeffe, I purchased a couple of yards of this poppy fabric in Taos.

Fabric Poppies   Fabric Bought at Taos Adobe Quilting

eat pray love

When not hand piecing hexagon stars, I read Elizabeth Gilbert’s book, Eat, Pray, Love during the trip.  I recommend it to those who love to travel, or dream of traveling, to such places as Italy, India and Indonesia.   What an incredible journey the author made, both literally and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!