Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quilting Groups and Friends

 

First, let me wish you a happy Easter.

1aaapeacockegggfairy005

Hope the Easter bunny came to see you.

Yesterday our Jo’s Little Women Group met at Cabbage Rose Quilt Shop in Fort Worth.  It was good to see everybody since I’d missed the last three gatherings for various reasons.  Show and Tell is always fun, especially when Carol S. shows us  antique quilts from her collection.  This time she made a copy of one of them using a “California Gold” colored fabric as the alternate blocks and border.  Spectacular!!!  I’m unable to publish a photo here because it may become a pattern in a future book but here’s a photo of a swatch of the dominant color from Windham Fabric website:

 

Peggy S. showed a darling appliqué quilt she made for her granddaughter.  A Piece O’ Cake pattern, it featured blocks depicting various nursery rhymes like Old Woman in the Shoe, etc.  Colorful and charming can’t begin to describe it.  Wish I had a photo to show you.  I showed my Crib Toile quilt top since that was my most recent project.

Last week, I had a chance to visit my friend Charlotte in Temple.  When she lived in this area, we went to guild meetings and quilt shows and quilt shopping together all the time.   I hadn’t seen her in several months and this is the first time I’ve visited her new home.  Of course, most of our time was spent in her quilting studio/room talking non-stop. 

We ate lunch at Molly’s Deli in downtown Temple.  Yummy!

Red Bud Tree by DeaPeaJay.

Redbud trees blooming all along I-35 made our trip to Temple even better, but no bluebonnets yet.  With all the rain and snow we’ve had in recent months, the wildflowers should be plentiful this year.

Well, I’ve got to make a trip to the grocery store before going to Mom’s for Easter dinner.   Talk about wait until the last minute!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!