Saturday, December 5, 2009

Quilt Gathering

Had a wonderful day today. Met with some of the Jo’s Club ladies at Cabbage Rose. Before show and tell, delicious donuts were served (so I was told – I had to avoid the temptation because of my Thanksgiving transgressions). This is really a fun group. There’s nothing like 12 to 20 ladies talking or oohing and ahhing over everything. And the stories that were told about double knit quilts, antique quilt exhibits, John Deere tractors, etc. Oh my!

Before I left Cabbage Rose, I had to purchase some fat quarters of the Rouenneries by French General line from Moda. This fabric has been calling to me for over a month now so I had to give in.

This first photograph shows the 9 FQs I purchased at CR,

French General good

and this photo shows some of the FQs I pulled from my stash that went well with what I bought. (See the bottom row)

French General Plus

I'm sure there are more matching fabrics in my collection if I dig deeper. Don’t have a project in mind but some idea will percolate in my brain. I tried to find a translation for Rouenneries but didn’t have any luck. Doesn’t really matter because I love it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I love the fabric you picked out. I bought two packs of it in charm squares to give a friend as a gift but I may to buy some for myself also. Sandi in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, it's a disease. We just can't help ourselves when we step into a fabric shop!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!