Friday, April 5, 2013

WHAT HAS NOT BEEN HAPPENING!

For the last couple of months the only sewing I’ve done is to cut off and hem my great nephew’s baseball pants.  I’ve been in a crazy 'don’t want to do anything' funk but I hope I’m coming out of it now that Spring is here.

girl gotta sew

Today I’m working on paper piecing block #19, The Old Maid’s Ramble, of Barbara Brackman’s Grandmother’s Choice block of the month.  You will understand why I chose to paper piece this one when you see the one made using the rotary cutting instructions.

19 old maid puzzle wrong

Half square triangles turned the wrong way.  A larger dark triangle placed wrong.  Block unsquare.  And oh those crazy bias edges to deal with.  Yuck.  I vow to get the new block finished tonight!

I am way behind on the Grandmother’s Choice blocks.  Chances are I won’t make them all because I plan to set them in a vertical stripy style similar to this one found on Lone Star House of Quilts’ blog.  But that plan may change.  It’s still early.

Hope each of you have a wonderful, productive, fun weekend.  In the meantime, may your bobbins always be full.
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

3 comments:

  1. Looks perfect to me, I looked long and hard at it, I like it the way it is. Sometimes a break from sewing is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am WAY way behind...I have been collecting the patterns but have done NONE yet!!! I do like the Lone star design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get out of your funk soon enough!!! Yes, with a block like that Foundation Paper Piecing is definitely the way to go, there are just to many potential hazards in the block like that, although it is a great block!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!