Sunday, October 21, 2012

7 Alice’s Flag

Last week’s block from Barbara Brackman’s “block of the week” project is from  her blog Grandmother’s Choice.  It is called “Alice’s Flag.”  Read the history behind the women’s movement to acquire the right to vote on Barbara’s blog.
7 alice's star 2

Once again I used 2/3 William Morris & Co. fabric from Moda with another older piece of fabric in the center stripe.  To see how other people made their stars go to the Flickr group page.

One hint to those of you who may not have been quilting very long or whatever,  I suggest you iron the seams open on the back for a flatter surface on which to applique your star.  As usual on this project, I machine appliqued this  star.

By the way, pretend you don’t see that loose thread in the top center of the block.  It’s an hallucination!  Or you need to clean your glasses. Or ??????LOL
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous block Donna! I LOVE the fabrics you've chosen for this quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!