Saturday, September 1, 2012

LABOR DAY WEEKEND PLANS


Vintage-Labor-Day-Trade-Card

In the United States, we celebrate a Labor Day each year on the first Monday of September.  Here’s hoping that those of you working are thankful for your jobs and those of you looking for a job find one very soon.
My Labor Day weekend will be fairly peaceful.  We’ll watch some Texas Rangers baseball and I’ll do some sewing.

I just downloaded the first block from Barbara Brackman’s Grandmother’s Choice Block of the Week Project.  I’m excited about this new project because I loved her Civil War Block of the Week started last year.

photo_of_anti_suffragists-460x307
1911 Anti-Suffrage Headquarters
Ladies, let’s be glad that the anti-suffrage movement failed!
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about Barbara B's first block being posted. I had forgotten about the new blog starting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    I just posted my first block. I may have to rethink fabrics after seeing all the beautiful blocks today.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!