Saturday, May 5, 2012

IT’S BEEN A WEEK SINCE I BLOGGED

Where did the time go?  Guess I didn’t have much to say until now.  I’ve been doing a lot a reading lately – and I’ll fill you in on that later.  Today I want to show you the next batch of Just Takes 2 blocks that I’ve finished.

3rd grp

I’ve kitted the other blocks with fabric and paper-piecing parts.

kitting2

Parts of the feathered star are made, and Steam-a-Seam 2 traced and cut for a couple of the applique projects.  It’s all in the works, slowly but surely.

In between all that stuff, I folded, organized, put away, and just plain cleaned up my sewing room so I could find what I needed when I needed it.  The ironing board is cleared off so I can actually press a piece of material instead of the little tiny space I had left for pressing pieces of blocks.

The cutting table has more cutting room now that I’ve moved some fabric back into the closet or fat-quarter cabinet where it belonged.

All the little strips, pieces and parts that aren’t big enough to fold are in a cardboard box ready to foundation piece string quilts at some point.

Life is sew good.
4DEA7756AA76A8C2ED1DD6FECE3A970C

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous blocks Donna, but i think something is cattywonk with the right side of the lower block. Nothing like a clean up to get one back into stride.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!