Monday, September 12, 2011

What is a Brews Cruise?

Personally, I don't care that much for beer. However, my husband likes one now and then. I had to offset the visit to Harriet's quilt shop with an appropriate "guy thing," so I signed us up with Brews Cruise for a tour through several microbreweries in Denver.


The reviews by "cruisers" on TripAdvisor.com really sold me on the tour. Brent, our tour guide, gave our group of 10 men and 2 women an Intro to Beer 101 at the Breckenridge Brewery, our first stop. He showed us some of the ingredients and explained the process it all goes through to make a beer.

We visited four microbreweries in all, with ample samples from each one.    Click on the Smilebox arrow below if you would like to see pictures of our tour.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow made with Smilebox

Even though beer is not my thing, I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with the people from all over the United States and some of the locals who were on the tour with us. I told one group of guys that I was a real beer "wienie." They all got a laugh out of that. Simply stated, the only beer samples I tasted that I even remotely liked were the mild, pale ones with very little hops brewed in them. The more hops, the more bitter a beer tastes. I learned more about beer-making than I knew before and developed a better appreciation of this beverage.  Brent did a fantastic job showing us a good time.

On the next day, we had a completely outdoors adventure. I'll tell you about that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!