Just wanted to drop in to post a photo of Block 37 of the Civil War Quilt from Barbara Brackman that I finished making about 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning, just in time to download the new block that will be up on her blog about 6:00 a.m.
I used a slightly different method of making the part that goes around the center floral square. Instead of using templates and having weird inset seams, I just cut two 6.5” squares, then cut them diagonally, sewing them to each side of the center like a square in a square. Then I trimmed the square in a square to 6.25 inches before sewing on the next strips. It went together perfectly. I almost used my red/cream star background fabric where I place the red fabric but didn't like how it looked. I switched it to the corners and I'm glad I did.
Now it’s time to go to sleep, if I could just turn off my mind. I've got to rest up for the next block!