Monday, January 24, 2011

Karen Stone Workshop

Last week was pretty busy for me so I'm behind on blogging about my "happenings".  All I can do is just start from the beginning.

Trinity Valley Quilters' Guild sponsored a workshop with Ms. New York Beauty herself, Karen K. Stone.  What an exciting workshop!

Karen Stone
The lady herself, Karen K. Stone


karen-stone-happy-rickrack-pic
The "Happy Rick-Rack Quilt," the subject of the workshop.

Red Stone block
 One block up close and

Yellow stone block
Another block up close

Class
Fellow workshop attendees

My Block
My block, so far.  It doesn't look like I accomplished much, but believe me, it felt like an accomplishment to get this far.  I still have only scratched the surface of block #1, but I want to finish it for, if nothing else, a pillow or something!

Star quilt from ties
Here is another newer quilt by Karen.  This star quilt, made from neckties, will appear in a future Karen Stone book.  Don't know about you but my Daddy or Hubby never wore any neckties like these!

That afternoon after the workshop, I rushed home to wash some clothes and pack for our annual trip to the Jefferson, Texas "Quilts on the Bayou" quilt show.  More about that tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Several years ago I attended a workshop by Karen Stone...what a delightful, talented lady! I regret to say that I have not finished my quilt that I started that day. Your block looks wonderful...keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you took a Karen Stone workshop!! That is so cool and you are going to finish the block for a pillow or what ever ..... that is so SMART... as they say her quilts are challenging... you go girl.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved Karen's work and have one of her books with a CD-rom, but alas! have not done a thing with them! I love your block so far, I'll be checking in again to see further progress LOL! I agree her blocks are challenging, but the results are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

    A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog stand out.
    Please let me know where you got your theme. Kudos

    Feel free to visit my blog: pruner pole

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!