Monday, July 19, 2010

Woe Is Me!

00400332

My internet service was down all day yesterday and I was on the phone trying to get it fixed. Of course, I was on hold most of the time then when I reached a human, they told me to call someone else. Argh!!!!!!!! I finally reached someone at the modem company who fixed it pretty quickly. Now I’m back on the web! Thank you Pete!

I am slowly getting my sewing room back in order but still have a good ways to go. The sorting and putting away is ongoing as you can see from these photos.

Sewing Table and Desk

Sewing Table With Storage Beside It (an Antique Desk with Bookcase)

Cutting Table Cutting Table

Ironing Station

Ironing Station with Storage

White Shelves New Storage on a Vintage Bookcase

I have to take it just one step at a time so it may take a little while longer. My Dynamo label maker is fired up to better organize my “stuff.” I’m anxious to sew some more but won’t allow myself to do it until this organization job is done. It’s called “incentive.” My Civil War Diary blocks await me.

On a brighter note, the Guild quilt show is coming up in September so photos are needed for entries, displays, and quilts for sale. I still need to snap the quilts I’m going to sell.

Here are two antique quilts that I am entering for display in the "Everyday Heirlooms" section.

Hexagon Stars Hexagon Star circa 1900

Pine Bur Variation 2

Pine Burr Variation circa 1910

The Hexagon Star is not in the best shape. There’s lots of wear on some of the fabrics and the red sashing at one time had black polka dots on it, but due to the dying methods of the day, the black dots are almost all eaten out exposing batting.

More later.

Signature

1 comment:

  1. oh I know the feeling I hate when my internet is down!
    wow love your antique quilts. beautiful
    sewing room is looking good, hard to organize it all but its worth it in the end
    kathie

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!