Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Got to Sew!

My sewing room is as organized as I can get it until a shelf I ordered comes in so I took the opportunity to sew a Civil War Diary Quilt block.

Draft Threat 2                                                    DRAFT THREAT

This paper pieced block was fairly easy to do, as easy as paper piecing can be.  It still took about an hour.  It was so exciting to put the petal to the metal and sew after a long (long for me) break.

We are still waiting on the correct linoleum to come in.  What was sent to Home Depot before was so wrong --- the order was placed with one incorrect digit.  They promised to put a “super rush” on it since we had to wait over 2 weeks for the wrong one!  We’ll see.

In the meantime, we are getting bids to redo our kitchen cabinet doors and a bathroom cabinet.  That will be another different mess when the time comes for the work to begin.

By the way, I have listed some quilt books for sale at the Quilters Flea Market Yahoo Group page so head on over there and take a look.  You might find something you can’t live without.  Out of my home into yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!