Monday, April 12, 2010

Quilt Show With a Friend

My friend from Temple came up to Fort Worth for the day to visit the Bear Creek Quilt Guild show at the Amon Carter Exhibit Hall. The them this year was “Remembering a Simpler Time.”

I thought I took more pictures than I did. Guess I was too busy looking and talking to worry about photos. What I did take turned out to be not of the best quality, but you’ll get an idea.

There was a special exhibit of Ruby McKim patterns and embroideries from the 1930’s

Embrod Sign

Embrod 03

Embr 01

Actual McKim patterns from a newspaper and stitched blocks exhibited the charm of these nursery rhyme blocks. If you look closely at the cream background fabrics, you’ll notice hints of printing that did not bleach out of the feed sacks from which the blocks were cut.

Australian Odyssey A visually striking quilt, Australian Odyssey by Kayleen Allen

Australian Odessey Close

Heirloom Sampler

Heirloom Sampler designed by one of my favorite designers, Lori Smith, made by Mary Beth McCormack.

Rasp Truffle

Pink & Brown Raspberry Truffle made by Mary Davidson.

There were many other wonderful quilts, especially made with the 30s pastels, that tied in with the show’s theme. Maybe I can get my friend to email me copies of the photos she took.

As we always do when we are in Fort Worth at lunch time, we ate at the Montgomery Street Tea Room inside the antique mall. Nothing like a refreshing glass of Apricot Mango iced tea to quench your thirst after time at the quilt show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!