Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post-Christmas Let Down

The Garfield cartoon in today’s newspaper sums it up.  You can see it by clicking here.  The packages are opened, the food is eaten, the family has all gone home.  It’s quiet and there are no lurking immediate deadlines.  What’s a girl to do?

My  first quilt show of the year is “Quilts on the Bayou” in Jefferson, Texas. 

jeffersonquiltshowfloor

                                        Jefferson Quilt Show Floor

Since their show is always held the weekend of my birthday, my Sweetie always takes me for a weekend of quilt viewing and antique shopping in Jefferson to celebrate.   It’s a small but quality show so I save my Christmas and Birthday money to shop with the vendors.  My favorite is Bonnie Blue Quilts.  Paula Barnes and crew always have great 19th century reproduction quilt kits, fabrics, patterns, and inspiration!

We usually stay at the Jefferson Hotel and always eat at the Lamache’s Italian Restaurant at least once during our stay.  Their lasagna is to die for.  My mouth is watering as I type.  WeightWatchers will be on hold that night!

Jefferson Lobby                                            Jefferson Hotel Lobby 

Looking forward to all this cheers me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!